Friday, July 14, 2017

Trying out The Ultimate Homeschool Planner

I've written about this before, but keeping records of our homeschool activities can be very stress reducing for me.  I do have trouble keeping up with systems like that.  For the past couple of weeks, I have been using The Ultimate Homeschool Planner by Debra Bell. 

This is totally not the kind of thing I would have bought when I first began homeschooling.  For one thing, while I am now a devout Christian, I was an atheist-agnostic at the time, and this is very much a Christian planner.  While it can be used by anyone, there are many sections that a person who is not Christian would need to ignore or alter. 

Here is what I like about the planner: 
  • It is colorful and fun to use.  
  • It makes me feel professional.  
  • The weekly grids are easy to customize, based on number of children and personal preference.
  • If there are pages I don't want to use, I can simply paste other pages over them.  
I have made yearly and monthly plans.  Unfortunately, weekly and daily plans don't work for my children, especially for Bee.  He tends to binge on certain subjects and is difficult to predict.  For instance, today he was binge watching his Cold War documentary series.  I'd rather he spend a lot of time doing something he is intensely interested in than begrudgingly do a little bit of each subject each day. 

My goal is to get done with certain things each month.  So, each day, I can look at our progress so far, think about where we are in the month, and what we most need to get done that day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment