Friday, June 29, 2012

Homeschool Record Keeping with Evernote

I am continuing to play around with Evernote.  I decided to use it to keep a list of the boy's activities.  We do a ton of stuff, but I forget everything we do.  Just because I didn't keep track of it doesn't mean we didn't do it, but I find it satisfying to look back and see all that we did.

The first year I homeschooled, I kept a list in paper planner of as much stuff related to education as possible.  I find it useful to start a new list each month.  Below is an example.  Our summer schedule is pretty laid back.  I know there are some things that I forgot to put on, and that's okay.  I can easily add to it as I remember things, such as looking at the dinosaur exhibit in the museum.  I won't update the table on this blog, because it's too dificult, though. 

Homeschool Record June 2012


DateBeeBugActivityDescriptionSubject
variousXXNeighborhood PoolSwimming!  Bug learned how to swim on his own.P.E.
6/23XXFossil Hunting
Outing: Park rangers gave a talk on the climate and history of the area; the boys got to collect fossils and bring some home.
science
6/25-6/29X
CampDinosaur Camp at children's museumscience
6/25-
6/29

XCamp Animal Habitat Camp at children's museumscience
variousXXGymnasticsThe boys finished their gymnastics classes at each performed in the recital.  P.E.
various
XBalletBug finished up his ballet class and performed in the dance recital.  P.E., Fine Arts
variousXXSpanishReview, musicSpanish
variousX
Math factsReviewMath
variousX
GermanReviewGerman
variousX
SpellingReviewLanguage
variousX
Watership Downlistening to me read bookLanguage
variousX
Band of Brothersfinished listening to dad read bookLanguage

I think Evernote is going to be a good organizational tool for me. I'll post an example of my record keeping for the regular school year in a few months. 

No comments:

Post a Comment