Saturday, July 15, 2017

One week with Speekee Accelarate

Bug was so resistant to taking online Spanish lessons via Skype that I agreed that he would not have to do so, even though I think it is the best way to learn.  We decided to try Speekee.  We used that program briefly years ago, but he was so little, and we had trouble sticking with it.  It turns out, they have something called Speekee Accelerate for kids his age.  Bug is 9. 

I eagerly signed up for it, as it promised to do all the Spanish prep for me. 

There are four videos a week.  The first was pretty good, although only 4 minutes long.  The other videos turned out to last only a few seconds each!  I am really not happy about it. 

Obviously, Bug has prior experience with Spanish, but it's just not enough material in my opinion, even for a beginner. Each week seems more like part of one day's material to me.  So, I guess that's how we will use it, and then we will have to figure out something else to try. 

It did spark interest though, and after he watched the videos for days 2-4, he was trying to figure out how to say that his brother is dumb in Spanish.  

I will update, if my opinion changes.  

No comments:

Post a Comment