Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Review of WriteShop, Part II

So, we have had WriteShop for about 3 weeks now, although we have not worked on it as many days as I might have liked.  Next month, I am going to have a daily checklist posted, so that we are clear on expectations.  Both boys have finished their first assignments. 

Bee, working in WriteShop I, has completed a carefully written description of an object.  Bug, working in WriteShop Junior, Level D, has a short letter of invitation finished. 

I will put both finished assignments into a writing portfolio for the year that they can show to their dad and possibly their grandparents, and so that they can feel like they have made progress. 

I am happy because we actually completed writing assignments together with a minimum of pain. 

It's interesting how it worked out.  Bee seemed to dislike the initial work but worked diligently on his actual planning and paragraph.  Bug had more fun with the prep work and was absolutely sick of the idea of a letter of invitation by the end!  So definitely time to move on to a new assignment. 

I am not stressed by this program at all and am looking forward to the future assignments.  I feel more confident and excited about teaching writing to young children, and I think that the children will feel more confident as writers by the end of the year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment