Friday, July 15, 2016

TOPS Radishes: 1 week


So we have finished week 1 of TOPS Radishes, and I've been very pleased.  It is for grades 3-8, and I am using it with a 3rd grader (Bug) and a 7th grader (Bee), while looking after a 13-month-old (Dot).  

The great thing about it is that it lasts 4 weeks, and you have to do it every weekday, or your experiments may get a little messed up.  So I have to keep it going, good structure for me.  We missed Tuesday, and I'm going to have to sprout another batch of seeds to do Monday's graph.  

I like that Bee can do the projects independently.  Bug needs a fair bit of assistance from me or Bee.  I don't think I would do this module with a 3rd grader alone, but it's awesome for a younger sibling to do with an older one.  I feel like it's really good experience for Bee, following the instructions.  In 2 years he will be in high school (still home schooled), and he'll need to do a lot of labs.  

I bought TOPS Radishes as a download, and I really like being able to print the activity sheets, much less annoying than making copies. The materials have been easy to find.  

I hopefully will review this again, as we get further into the module, but we've had such a good time with it, I was excited to write and share my cute picture.  We're doing science and having fun!  I'm so proud!  

No comments:

Post a Comment