Friday, June 17, 2016

I won't be giving the Iowa again...

So, last year, I took a week and gave the kids the Iowa Test of Basic Skills.  I blogged about it.  It went very smoothly.  They were happy and comfortable and got lots of breaks.  It was hard not to help them with anything, but I followed the rules.  I was pleased with how it went.  I used Seton Testing Company, and they were great to work with, and I was able to view the boys' results online soon after returning the test. 

This year, we still had a good experience with Seton, but administering the test was a nightmare.  It was totally different with a baby in the house.  It took a very long time to give all sections to both children, especially because Bug was taking the 2nd grade version, so I couldn't test them at the same time. 

Next year, they will be testing at our coop, which will cost slightly more, but I think it will be worth it.  This will give them practice testing in a group setting.  And I won't have to work around a busy toddler's schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment