Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Our Worm Factory Arrives

Our Worm Factory came.  The worms haven't arrived yet, since I ordered them separately.  Bug and I set it up together.  It looks nice, and there is nothing about it that screams "worms live here."  Obviously, some people (like my parents) would freak out to know that worm composting was going on in my house.

I like it much, much better than my attempts at homemade bins.  One of the things that attracted me to it is that each tray weighs only 18 pounds when full--in other words, easily managable.  My homemade bins would get extremely heavy.

Bug is very excited--he was worried that our dog might eat our new worms, but I assured him we will keep an eye on the dog and make sure he doesn't do that.  I think this is going to be a fun, low maintenance project.  And, if we do have any problems with univited bugs to our bin, I can always move it outside as a last resort.  I think it would be fine on our shady back deck in the summer and in the garage in the winter.

1 comment:

  1. Hi my name is Erica as well. How is the composting turning out?

    ReplyDelete