Tuesday, August 31, 2021

Kiwi Crate Reviewed: Our First Month

 I decided to use Kiwi Crate as part of Dot's science program.   [Dot is a 6-year-old kindergartener.] The idea was that it would provide a good hands-on experience each month.  My goal with elementary science is to provide interesting books and experiences that support a love for learning about the world.  

The first month's kit went really well.  The materials were good quality, and Dot and I managed to follow the instructions and put together a claw toy grabber.  I often have very poor success with "science" kits, so this was great!  There was a lot of optional art and decorating included, which appealed to Dot.  I will say that it was fairly parent-intensive, at Dot's age and ability level.  But Dot was able to do most of it with my guidance (except for the optional box cutting).  

I am happy and looking forward to next month's kit.  

No comments:

Post a Comment