Sunday, August 4, 2013

Saving Time with Amazon Subscribe and Save

I have recently begun using Amazon Subscribe and Save to deliver some of the products that we consistently need. You can choose the frequency of shipping, between one and six months.  If you get 5 or more things in a month, you get 15% of the entire order for that month.  If you’re an Amazon Mom member, which I now am because it was quick and painless, you get 20% off.  I’m also a prime member.  I’m not sure how it all works, but I get free shipping and 20% off my S&S now.  The best thing about it is that it keeps me out of Target.  I need to stay out of Target because It is time consuming to go there, and it’s very tempting to buy other things I had not intended to buy once I am there.  It’s also keeping me out of the pet store.  I hate running out of pet food and having to go to the pet store before it closes at 9 PM.  


As a homeschooling mom, I have limited time to go shopping.  I prefer not to take my children to stores, and I prefer not to spend my limited free time shopping for household goods.  I’d rather hang out at a bookstore or coffee shop and relax, if I do get a chance to go out.  It is very convenient to have the products I would normally shop for all brought right to my door.  No lifting them in and out of the car.  No more going to the store and wondering if we’re low on something. If I notice we’re getting low, I just need to go to my computer and make sure they are coming in my next month’s shipment.  


My current subscriptions:  
cat food
cat litter
dog food
menstrual pads and pantiliners
deodorant (for me and my husband)
plastic food storage bags (in 2 sizes)
paper towels
toilet paper
nighttime pull ups
disinfecting wipes
swiffer refills
dishwasher detergent
batteries (AA and AAA)
kids’ toothpaste
trash bags


Things I would like to get but are not available in my desired brand/size/price:
toddler wipes
laundry detergent
toilet bowl cleaner
body wash
hand soap refill
dish soap
shampoo and conditioner
coffee
printer ink cartridges

I hope Amazon continues to expand and improve their Subscribe and Save program.  What do you buy through Subscribe and Save? 

No comments:

Post a Comment